Mar 4 10:00 am–Apr 30 5:00 pm| Free
The Lagoon and Barges, Venice by Sir Arthur Streeton. Zinc etching. 25.5 x 35.5cm.
QG&W has the great pleasure in presenting this exhibition of never previously published etchings by Sir Arthur Streeton (posthumously printed by Theo Mantalvanos at QG&W).
Together with the 11 etchings, QG&W will exhibit the discovered zinc and copper plates, initial proofs and other related works kindly loaned from the Streeton family members.
The exhibition aims to demonstrate the legacy of an artist such as Sir Arthur Streeton. Nine resident artists will work in the gallery to show their influence, while others create contemporary works especially for the exhibition.
The exhibition will be made possible with the support and collaboration of the Streeton family members and QG&W represented artists (by residency): Joel Wolter, Philip Davey, Emmy Mavroidis, Adam Nudelman, Amanda Firenze, Michelle Joy Caithness, Soula Mantalvanos, Andrew Weatherill and James Pasakos
Resident artists’ information: Joel Wolter Mar 3 – 6 | Philip Davey Mar 8 – 13 | Emmy Mavroidis Mar 15 – 20 | Adam Nudelman Mar 22 – 27 | Amanda Firenze Mar 29 – Apr 3 | Michelle Joy Caithness Apr 5 – 10 | Soula Mantalvanos Apr 12 – 17 | Andrew Weatherill Apr 19 – 24 | James Pasakos Apr 26 – 30.
FREE Ticketed event. Priority entry for ticket holders.
The Streeton family members decided to edition 50 prints (plus five test proofs) of the 11 plates that we were able to successfully restore.
The prints have been numbered by Sir Arthur Streeton’s grandson, William Streeton who signed the reverse of the prints.
Titles and image/plate sizes are as follows:
- The Thames and St. Paul’s Cathedral (12.5 x 18cm)
- La Salute from Riva Schiavoni, Venice (20 x 35.5cm)
- French Cathedral, Rouen (35.5 x 25.5cm)
- Wheat Sheaves (25.5 x 35.5cm)
- Magpie (25.5 x 35.5cm)
- San Marco, Venice (29 x 35.5cm)
- Doge’s Palace, Venice (25.5 x 35.5cm)
- The Concert (Ballroom), Bamburgh Castle (25.5 x 35.5cm)
- Victoria Tower, Westminster (25.5 x 35.5cm)
- The Lagoon and Barges, Venice (25.5 x 35.5cm)
- Study – Basilico San Giorgio Maggiore, Venice (15 x 22cm)
Pre-sale enquiries now welcome