Queenscliff Gallery & Workshop (QG&W) has been in operation since Dec 2015. The gallery has a strong focus on Australian printmakers and/or Australian artists who work on paper.
Currently, exhibiting artists are at various stages of their careers although most artists are mid to senior level – our aim is to establish the gallery as one that offers exclusive representation.
The gallery directors believe in the classical form of representation where the gallery seeks to further the artist’s career and increase the value of their artwork over time. It takes commitment from both parties – the gallery directors requiring professional experience in creative direction, promotion and marketing, and above all, relationship building.
QG&W has filled their calendar until 2021 but will consider submissions from mid to established career level.
Criteria more specifically are:
- Australian artists seeking long-term commitment and representation
- Commitment from the artist to have work available at QG&W for a minimum 18 months
- Artists must be of mid to established career level
- Works need to be available for preview before exhibition and remain at the gallery (where negotiated) after exhibition
- Painting, sculpture and/or other mediums are acceptable however prints/works on paper must be/will often be, the artist’s focus
- Photography, digital prints and art reproductions not accepted
- Exhibiting at QG&W is free (artists may contribute to special advertising)
- QG&W manages all promotional marketing associated with exhibiting at no cost to the artist
Please view our upcoming and previous exhibitions via the menu QG&W Directory ≥ By Exhibition. Please also view our social media pages which give a more detailed idea of QG&W’s exhibition space.
Submissions are welcome via email.
Please attach examples of work with:
- dates and an idea for exhibiting (collaborations welcome)
- size, medium, edition details (as applicable)
- pricing details
- your CV and/or
- a website link for reference if applicable
- a personal message and/or artist’s statement.
QG&W will email more specific details with Terms and Conditions upon request. Please consider the above conditions before sending your submission.