Submission call CLOSED
QG&W has now been operating over 3.5 years and has shown the works of many Australian artists.
Having learned much about our patrons through various exhibitions we feel it’s time to share the love and put out a new submission call. With this, QG&W will be changing its exhibition structure.
The gallery’s formula is based on exhibiting artists with a range of experience from emerging artists to mid and senior-levels. It is the mid to established Australian artist QG&W is seeking submissions from.
From March 2020, QG&W will be adapting their exhibition style and rather than forming group exhibitions every two months, the exhibitions will rotate every 4-5 weeks and feature the works of 2 – 3 artists during these periods. Two group exhibitions will continue – the Literary Festival and the Summer exhibitions. Biennially the Peebles Print Prize will form a third group exhibition.
Criteria more specifically are:
- Commitment from the artist to have work available at QG&W for a minimum 18 months
- Artists must be of mid to established career level
- Where applicable works should be framed
- Works need to be available for preview before exhibition and remain at the gallery (where negotiated) after exhibition
- Works on paper and/or printmaking, paintings, sculptures, other mediums acceptable however prints/works on paper will remain the focus at QG&W.
- Works on paper exclude photography, digital prints and art reproductions
- There is no fee for exhibiting at QG&W
- QG&W manages all promotional marketing associated with exhibiting at no cost to the artist
Please view our upcoming and previous exhibitions via the menu QG&W Directory ≥ By Exhibition. Please also view our social media pages which give a more detailed idea of QG&W’s exhibition space.
Submissions are welcome via email. Exhibition ideas are also welcome.
Please attach examples of work with:
- dates and an idea for exhibiting (collaborations welcome)
- size, medium, edition details (as applicable)
- pricing details
- your CV and/or
- a website link for reference if applicable
- a personal message and/or artist’s statement.
QG&W will email more specific details with Terms and Conditions upon request.