- This event has passed.
Workshop Warm-up: Monoprint & Monotype
Sep 2 2:00 pm–5:00 pm| $99
TEACHER: Joel Wolter
DATE: Saturday Sep 2
TIME: 2 – 5pm
LOCATION: QG&W art & print studios
COST: $99 (all materials inc.)
QG&W Workshop Warm-ups are designed to give participants a glimpse into various printmaking techniques.
Introduction to Monoprint & Monotype is run by our professional artists who demonstrate the printmaking basics of monoprint and monotype as well as show participants their own personal tips and techniques.
You can expect to grasp a thorough understanding by the end of the 3 hour Workshop Warm-up and have had the medium explained in detail without the pressure of having to complete a finished artwork.
Although basic and short Workshop Warm-ups Introduction to Monoprint & Monotype will give you the chance to experience first hand what the technique entails exploring the tools, materials and print methods.
The workshop warm-up is ideal if a participant:
- wants to learn about hand made prints
- wants to learn and/or explore the differences between monoprint and monotype
- is considering a full workshop
- would like to prepare for study in the area of printmaking
- feels like doing something creative that does not involve digital input
- is curious about this printing technique
- would like to try something new or different
- would like something creative to do with a group of friends, students
Participants can expect to:
- experiment with the tools, and various materials and view demonstrations of suitable printing methods
- gain a good understanding of the various aspects of Monoprint/monotype and the associated materials, tools and printing methods
- learn about costs involved to further explore the medium and/or printmaking
- make a basic print
- receive a basic ‘shopping’ list and/or order their own materials
SKILL LEVEL REQUIRED: All levels and experience
INCLUDED: All materials
Participants must wear protective footwear.
When making a booking you may pay in full to secure your place for this workshop. Email us for direct debit details or call 03 5258 4927 for phone payments. Invoices will be provided on arrival upon request. Payments will be refunded if the class is cancelled. If you are unable to attend, you must notify us at least two weeks prior to the workshop date. The cancellation fee is $59.
- Shared kitchenette
- Unisex bathroom
- One flight of stairs between workshops
- Two steps at entry of gallery
- No disability access
- Street parking