(Excerpt from www.printcouncil.org.au)
The Print Council of Australia (PCA) is a national not-for-profit organisation dedicated to Australian printmaking.
Our focus is to:
- Support Australian contemporary printmaking artists including emerging, indigenous and artists with non-English speaking backgrounds.
- Support artists via an annual Print Commission, creating new prints available for collectors to purchase online or mail-order.
- Preserve the history of Australian contemporary printmaking through the PCA Print Archive, which includes all the prints commissioned since 1966 and currently totals more than 600 prints.
- Publish Imprint magazine, with an estimated readership of 3500 -4000 per issue.
- Provide membership services to 1500 members including schools, libraries, public art museums, art galleries, tertiary institutes as well as individual artists and print enthusiasts.
- Provide opportunities for artists with information on awards, scholarships and residencies.