Above: Postcard to Melbourne Edition of 3. Printed on Arches BFK. 26 x 67cm. Postcard to Melbourne also forms part of the artists’ collaborative book.
AUGUST: Home Nostalgia
Starting with submission rule No.1
QG&W predominately focuses on printmaking but will additionally exhibit related works where an artist explores their subject/s in other mediums. That means – we want to be able to talk alot about your work and how you produce and approach it – it’s of great interest to our visitors.
Artists are welcome to submit to either or both calls. We welcome you to interpret the submission theme in anyway you wish, so long as you can explain it (so that we can!).
Some additional info about August – QG&W will be running an advertisement in a National art magazine showing Angela Cavalieri and George Matoulas’ collaborative piece, Postcard to Melbourne in support of the exhibition of ‘Home Nostalgia’ so we’re expecting some decent attention (yep, more than we’ve already had!).
Artists must meet all the following guidelines:
- Submissions via email: firstname.lastname@example.org by May 30
- Any printmaking medium accepted
- Work to relate in any way to the theme: ‘Home Nostalgia’
- Artist’s books and paper sculptures accepted
- Maximum 100cm width (including frame where applicable)
- Considerations accepted for works larger than this for our feature wall
- Framed and unframed works accepted
- Gallery takes 40% commission on your print (not your framing)
- Artists must not be represented on Hesse Street in Queenscliff
- No photography or digital print submissions
- Works need to remain at the gallery during the whole month of September, possibly longer
- Transporting works to and from the gallery is the artist’s responsibility (let us know if you approve of another artist transporting your work)
We will notify everyone who applies. If your work is accepted, you will need to please:
- Submit all high res image files, your cv, statement and work details (size, price, framing price, printer, edition size, edition number provided, medium, etc.) by June 15
- Deliver all accepted work to QG&W by July 15
- Permit QG&W to publicise and sell your work in the gallery, on social media, the gallery website and retain 40% commission on the artwork (excludes framing)
- Provide your payment details (specify GST terms)
- Exhibition opens Aug 3, 2016
- Official opening Aug 7, 2016
- Exhibition ends Aug 29, 2016
- Pick up your work or organise pickup of your work within the 2 weeks after the exhibition closes
We expect questions… just pop us an email.
Both Theo and I look forward to receiving your submissions.