Right: Douglas Kirwan After Bonnard 2012. Screenprinted keyline and acrylic paint. 13.5 x 54 cm
Starting with submission rule No.1
QG&W predominately focuses on printmaking but will additionally exhibit related works where an artist explores their subject/s in other mediums. That means – we want to be able to talk alot about your work and how you produce and approach it – it’s of great interest to our visitors.
We welcome you to interpret the submission theme in anyway you wish, so long as you can explain it (so that we can!).
Artists must meet all the following guidelines:
- Submissions via email: email@example.com by July 15
- Any printmaking medium accepted
- Work to relate in any way to the theme: ‘Primavera’ (Spring)
- Artist’s books and paper sculptures accepted
- Maximum 100cm width (including frame where applicable)
- Considerations accepted for works larger than this for our feature wall
- Framed and unframed works accepted
- Gallery takes 40% commission on your print (not your framing)
- Artists must not be represented on Hesse Street in Queenscliff
- No photography or digital print submissions
- Works need to remain at the gallery during the whole month of September, possibly longer
- Transporting works to and from the gallery is the artist’s responsibility (let us know if you approve of another artist transporting your work)
We will notify everyone who applies.
If your work is accepted, you will need to please:
- Submit all high res image files, your cv, statement and work details (size, price, framing price, printer, edition size, edition number provided, medium, etc.) by July 30
- Deliver all accepted work to QG&W by August 15
- Permit QG&W to publicise and sell your work in the gallery, on social media, the gallery website and retain 40% commission on the artwork (excludes framing)
- Provide your payment details (specify GST terms)
- Pick up your work or organise pickup of your work within the 2 weeks after the exhibition closes
We expect questions… just pop us mail.
Both Theo and I look forward to receiving your submissions.