Art: Rakes Progress by Spook
MAY: Queenscliffe Literary Festival group exhibition
Every year Queenscliff hosts the Queenscliffe Literary Festival in May, a most exciting national event. Last year QG&W successfully hosted a literary festival exhibition and associated print exchange, Lettered. This year, we will again incorporate a print exchange between 32 artists who are exploring the theme, Great Authors. The artists are:
QG&W predominately focuses on printmaking but will additionally exhibit works in other mediums as well in order to further communicate the artist’s subject/s.
You are welcome to interpret the literary theme as freely as you wish. We do require that you provide a statement with the work if the submission is successful.
Artists must meet all the following guidelines:
- Submissions via email: firstname.lastname@example.org by Mar 1, 2017
- Include your CV and images of your work or a website link in your email submission
- Any printmaking medium accepted
- Artists’ books and paper sculptures accepted
- Maximum 100cm width (including frame where applicable)
- Considerations accepted for works larger than this for our feature wall
- Framed and unframed works accepted (please specify in your submission)
- Gallery takes 40% commission on your print (not your framing)
- Artists must not be represented on Hesse Street in Queenscliff
- Please don’t submit artwork if it is available at a discounted price elsewhere (online or at another gallery, market, etc)
- No photography or digital print submissions (unless prints are handmade, eg photogravure)
- Works need to remain at the gallery during the exhibition
- Transporting works to and from the gallery is the artist’s responsibility (let us know if you approve of another artist transporting your work)
We will notify everyone who applies by March 15. If your work is accepted, you will need to please:
- Submit all high res image files, your CV, statement and work details, if you haven’t already (ie size, price, framing price, printer, edition size, edition number provided, medium, etc.) by Apr 5
- Deliver all accepted work to QG&W by April 30
- Permit QG&W to publicise and sell your work in the gallery, on social media, the gallery website and retain 40% commission on the artwork (excludes framing)
- Provide your payment details (specify GST terms)
- Pick up your work or organise pickup of your work within the 2 weeks after the exhibition closes (unless otherwise negotiated with QG&W)
Exhibition opening: Sunday May 7, 2017
Exhibition runs: Wed May 3 – Jun 12, 2017
We expect questions… just pop us an email.
We look forward to receiving your submissions.
Queenscliffe Literary Festival Information
Information about the Queenscliffe Literary Festival at www.queenscliffeliteraryfestival.com.au